Discover Misamis Occidental

No comments

My curiosity brings me to places I've never visited before. So, when an opportunity comes-in for me to travel in Mindanao in the province of Misamis Occidental, I unhesitatingly took it. When I got there, I didn't know what to do in the province with a limited time and budget. When I asked some locals on where to tour, almost all of them suggested that I should go visit Misamis Occidental Aquamarine Park (MOAP) and Jimenez oldest church.

On our way to Misamis Occidental Aquamarine Park
MOAP is a tropical resort in Mindanao. It is approximately forty-five-minute drive from Ozamiz City. There is nothing to worry on how to reach the place since there are lot of signboards directing on how to get there. If you did not bring your private vehicle, then, you can ride a public utility jeepney in Gaisano Terminal in Ozamiz. The park offers hotel accommodations and meals. In the resort, there is a mini zoo in which cage monkeys are visible. Two pawikans or big turtles are present near the restaurant.

As we arrived, I was so amazed with the astonishing arrangement of the clouds. That very inviting nature complimented with the very accommodating people. Wooooh! I just can't deny it, close to perfection. And I highly recommend the place for landscape photographers.

Bamboo bridge

After the journey to MOAP, we right away went to one of the oldest church in Mindanao called the Parish Church of San Juan Bautista in Jimenez, Misamis Occidental. Easy and very affordable means of transportation to get there is through tricycle.

A century old house in Jimenez

The church of Jimenez has this old historic ambiance. The designs and architectures truly captured me as I got to enter the church. Its altar is in Gothic-style. It also has that very interesting and wonderfully painted ceiling which will probably leave you into fascination as you get out of the church.

 Parish Church of San Juan Bautista

San Juan Bautista Parish Church is well-preserved by the parishioners. As a matter of fact, it has been visited by the National Historical Institute (NHI) and was even declared as National Cultural Heritage.


Indeed, even just a short span of time, I found myself really amazed and captivated with the place called Misamis Occidental.

Jimenez Integrated Bus and Jeepney Terminal

No comments :

Post a Comment